The University of North Texas Recovery Conference Planning Committee invites submissions of proposals for platform, breakout and poster presentations from researchers, educators, professionals, and students. The Committee is looking forward to hosting an outstanding conference with workshops and sessions that will lend to the professional development and advancement of those in attendance. Below you will find the information and forms to submit your presentation for review. Please fully complete the request form, as incomplete submissions will not be accepted. If you have any questions, please contact Hillary Castillo at email@example.com.
Review & Notification
The deadline for proposal submissions is Friday, June 2, 2017. The conference committee will use a peer review process to select proposals and notify prospective lead presenters by Thursday, June 8, 2017.
Content Areas of Presentations
The committee seeks proposals which address issues surrounding Substance Misuse and Mental Health Recovery. Submissions should represent the following content areas:
- Educational Standards & Training
- Ethical Practices
- Legislation & Policy
- Multicultural Issues
- Recovery Research to Practice
- Special Populations (ex. Recovery High Schools, Collegiate Recovery, Geriatric)
- Treatment/Service Delivery
Continuing Education Units
If submitting for Ethical Practices, please include evidence that a Code of Ethics (CRC, LMSW, LPC, LCDC) is referenced and properly cited within the presentation.
The proposal application should include the following items to be considered to present at the 2016 University of North Texas Recovery Conference:
- Abstract (150 – 200 words maximum) summarizing your proposed presentation. Please indicate who the target audience is. (ex. clinicians, educators, students, program developers, researchers, nonprofits, community organizers, etc.)
- Presentation type (ex. demonstration, panel or lecture)
- Learning Objectives
- Lead Presenter & Co-Presenters (All correspondence will be with the lead presenter)
- Conference Program Description (50 words maximum)
- AV Equipment Request
- Presentations will be limited to 60 minutes with 15 additional minutes for Q & A from participants.
- All breakout sessions will be set up classroom style.
- Audio/Visual needs: All workshop rooms will be equipped with:
- Data Projector
- All presentation rooms offer a capacity of up to 48 participants and will include audio/visual needs and support staff.
- Presenters are responsible for their own travel expenses, conference registration fees, lodging accommodations, and cost for the conference unless otherwise indicated by conference committee in writing.
Student Poster Presentations
Student Poster Presentations are an opportunity for students to visually showcase their academic research or an innovative campus program/organization. Posters will be displayed during the entirety of the conference and should be supervised by students according to the time set for this on the conference agenda.
Student Poster Presentation Guidelines
Students are encouraged to utilize tri-fold core poster board to maintain visual consistency. If your presentation includes handouts please bring a minimum of 50 copies (including accessible copies for individuals with disabilities). The poster should clearly state the title of your presentation, major findings, conclusions and any other relevant information. Questions regarding presentations may be directed to Hillary Castillo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting Your Proposal
Please complete the following form for consideration as a sponsor/exhibitor in the 2016 University of North Texas Recovery Conference.